Tea Time Chats are monthly recorded calls with various industry friends and leaders to talk about the meetings and events industry, as well as a personal look at the habits, successes and challenges of our respected colleagues.
Videos here are edited versions of the original full-length videos broadcasted live.
September 22, 2020 – Tenielle Bogdan, Regina Hotel Association
Tenielle and I discuss things like:
- Advocacy on the provincial level
- Toxic optimism
- Virtual tradeshows and reimagining events
- Looking ahead to travelling again in the meetings and events industry
August 25, 2020 – Jennifer Spear, Clean Slate Strategies
Jennifer and I discuss things like:
- Pivoting (yes, I used that word) in the meetings and events industry
- Getting older (at least for me….)
- Being unscripted vs being structured
- Launching new projects during COVID
- Looking ahead to recovery for the meetings and events industry (and travelling again)….
May 1, 2020 – Heather Reid, Planner Protect
I had the great honour and pleasure of sitting down with Heather Reid, Planner Protect earlier this week to discuss the state of the meetings industry amidst COVID19, as well as her Chronicles project. Heather and her friend Heidi Wilker are chronicling the lessons learned by event and meetings industry professionals through COVID19.